RULES AND REGULATIONS
OFFICIAL EARLY BIRD RAFFLE RULES
This “Kingston Frontenac’s 2022 – 2023 Season Ticket Member CONTEST” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Kingston Frontenac Hockey Ltd. (the “Frontenacs”), THIS CONTEST FROM the Frontenacs IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN ONTARIO ONLY AND will BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF ONTARIO AND THE LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE IN IT. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “Contest Rules”).
1. Contest Period. The Contest will run from May 13, 2022 at 12:00 noon Eastern Standard Time (EST) to August 5, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
2. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. This Contest may only be entered in one of the two following ways:
a) by purchasing a Frontenac’s season ticket for the 2021 – 2022 Ontario Hockey League Season from the Frontenacs’ ticket office (a “Season’s Ticket”) during the Contest Period (you will be entered into the Contest one time for each Season’s Ticket purchased); or
b) submit an original 150-word or more handwritten essay on “My favorite memory at a Kingston Frontenac’s game” with your hand-printed name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, and mail your complete entry in a postage stamped envelope, postmarked no later than the last day of the Contest Period, to: Kingston Frontenacs, Kingston Frontenac’s 2022 – 2023 Season Ticket Holder Contest, 1 The Tragically Hip Way, Kingston, ON K7K 0B4 (you will be entered into the Contest one time for each different such essay submitted in this manner).
No other entries will be accepted by any other means.
Season’s Tickets must be purchased or mail-in entries must be post-marked before the end of the Contest Period (August 5, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST), in order to qualify for an entry into the Contest. The Contest entrant will be the legal person whose name appears on the Season’s Ticket application associated with each Season’s Ticket purchased or whose name is on the mail-in entry, as applicable. If more than one person’s name is connected with a Season’s Ticket, then the Frontenacs may at their discretion enter only one such person in the Contest.
Entries will be declared invalid if they are lost, late, illegible, misdirected, incomplete, irregular, mutilated, fraudulent, forged, plagiarized, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced and no responsibility is assumed by CWT for any such entries. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question. Any selected entrant may be required to provide the Frontenacs with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
3. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario who have reached or surpassed the age of 18 as of the first day of the Contest Period, and who are residing in Ontario throughout the Contest Period. This Contest is void in whole or part where prohibited by law. The Contest is not open to employees of the Frontenacs or their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, contractors, or other representatives or members of their respective immediate families or those with whom the forgoing persons are domiciled. The Frontenacs will have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Frontenacs for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Frontenacs reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who supplies untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information at any time.
4. Winner Selection:
a) Draws will be held weekly/bi-weekly by the Contest judges during the Contest Period, to determine a winner each week. Each draw will be conducted at 1:00pm E.S.T. on each Monday during the Contest Period (commencing August 5, 2022], drawing from all eligible entries received on or before the applicable draw. The draw will occur at the Frontenac’s offices at 1 The Tragically Hip Way, Kingston, ON K7K 0B4. Subject to any delays as a result of ineligible entries or a contestant’s inability or refusal to sign, complete and return the Declaration and Release (described in section 7 of these rules), each winner will be announced 15 days after the applicable draw, on the Frontenac’s Facebook page:
b) The odds of being selected as the potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Frontenacs at the time of the applicable draw. The earlier you purchase a Season’s Ticket, the more draws such you will be entered into.
c) To be declared a winner and claim the corresponding prize, the selected entrant for each prize must: (i) be reached by phone or e-mail and or/or respond to any phone call, voicemail or e-mail within two business days of receipt (for this purpose voicemail and e-mail are deemed received on the date left or delivered); (ii) have complied with these official Contest Rules; and (iii) sign, complete and return the Declaration and Release within 2 business days of receipt. Upon satisfaction of the above conditions, the prize letter explaining how, when and where to redeem the prize will be mailed or emailed by the Frontenacs to the winner within 30 days of being selected, at the address indicated on the winner’s Season’s Ticket application package. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted by e-mail or telephone within the specified time, did not comply with the Contest rules or fails to sign and return the completed Declaration and Release within the specified time, then he or she will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The Frontenacs are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive notification or for the Frontenac’s failure for any reason to receive a selected entrant’s response (including by reason of any problem or technical malfunctions or operational problems with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website).
5. Prizes: There will be in total 9 winners drawn throughout the Contest Period during weekly/bi-weekly draws described in section 4 of these Contest Rules and prizes awarded (one to each winner drawn).
The prizes and the draw with which they are respectively associated are as follows:
May 13th - Summer BBQ Package
May 27th - Apple Package
June 10th - Shopping Spree
June 24th - Westport Getaway Experience
July 8th - Renovation Package
July 22nd - Toronto Getaway Experience
Final Raffle - Home Furnishing Gift Cards
6. The Frontenacs reserve the right to substitute any prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value. Each prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash or to another person’s name. No substitutions except at the Frontenac’s option. The Frontenac’s will not have any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected prize. Only one prize per contest entrant will be awarded. Only the winners will be notified and the Frontenacs will not communicate to individuals the fact that they have not won this Contest. Winners of prize will be disclosed on the Frontenac’s facebook page:
7. Declaration and Release: The prize winner will be required to execute a written declaration and release (the “Declaration and Release”) that confirms his or her: (i) eligibility for this Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of the Frontenacs and their affiliates and/or related companies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability from any manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, accounts, bonds, covenants, contracts, claims, loss, harm, damages, cost or expenses which the prize winner ever had, now has or may in the future have against the Releasees for or by reason of any cause, matter or thing arising out of participation in this Contest or participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) granting to the Frontenacs of the unrestricted right, in the Frontenacs’ sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, the winner’s name, photograph, likeness and essay (if applicable) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof.
The executed Declaration and Release must be returned within two business days of receipt from the Frontenacs with the mathematical skill testing question correctly answered), failing which the selected entrant will be disqualified, the prize forfeited and another contestant selected as the winner of the forfeited prize.
8. Indemnification by Entrant: By entering the Contest, each contestant releases and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to him or her or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from such contestant’s acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in the Contest, attendance at a Frontenac’s hockey game, breach of any of these Contest Rules, or from any prize-related activity undertaken by such contestant. Each contestant hereby fully indemnifies the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest.
9. Changes: If, for any reason, any portion of this Contest is incapable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including without limitation by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control or for any other reason whatsoever, then the Frontenacs, in their sole and absolute discretion, may cancel, terminate, modify (including extending or shortening the Contest Period) or suspend the Contest without individual notice. Any such notice will only be published on the Frontenacs’ Facebook page: www.facebook.com/KingstonFrontenacs.
10. Conduct: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted on the Frontenacs’ Facebook page:
throughout the Contest Period and to be bound by the decisions of the Frontenacs (which will be final on all matters relating to this Contest).The Frontenacs reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process, or the operation of the Contest; and/or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION; ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. Privacy/Use of Personal Information:
a) By entering into this Contest each contestant confirms that (i) he or she grants to the Frontenacs the right to use his or her name, telephone number, province and city of residence, age, gender, email address and the essay referred to in paragraph 2(b) of these Contest Rules, if submitted (“Personal information”) for the purpose of administering this Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners (and the prize won) and contacting a selected entrant to confirm any of the information, consents, and grants that he or she has provided; (ii) grants to the Frontenacs the right to use his or her contact information to contact him or her regarding any issues, notifications, or corrections arising from or in connection with this Contest, including without limitation relating to any prize awarded, (iii) grants to the Frontenacs the right to use his or her Personal information for publicity and promotional purposes including but not limited to those relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, developed using the rights granted in connection with the Contest without further compensation unless prohibited by law, (iv) acknowledges that the Frontenacs may disclose his or her Personal information to third-party agents and service providers of the Frontenacs (including those outside of Canada) in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) (ii) and (iii) above.
b) All essays submitted to the Frontenacs pursuant to paragraph 2(b) of these Contest Rules become the property of the Kingston Frontenacs and non will be returned.
c) The Frontenacs reserves the right, at its option, to publish the winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness or statements at any time without further compensation to the winner.
d) The Frontenacs may retain and use this information for future marketing of its products and promotions to each contestant and may share it with companies with whom it has marketing and other promotional arrangements for the purpose of providing each contestant with information about their products.
12. General: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Canada. This Contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Any currency indicated in these Contest rules are in Canadian dollars.